We're back this weekend with a new, quick, and super easy recipe: springtime vegetable pasta salad with a light lemon and herb vinaigrette!
Since it's spring but we can't really enjoy the outdoors to its fullest right now, why don't we bring it inside instead? This fresh pasta salad with seasonally inspired ingredients is sure to brighten up your day. Plus, it only takes 20 minutes to make!
Oh AND it's vegan. Love it when that happens. Having said that, if you want to add a sprinkling (or more) of shredded parmesan cheese, go right ahead. I'm always down for cheese so you absolutely have my blessing.
Springtime vegetable pasta salad recipe below!Print
Quick and easy spring inspired, vegan rotini pasta salad chock full of veggies with a zesty lemon and herb vinaigrette.
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 lb asparagus, woody ends trimmed and discarded, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen spring peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup English cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 cup radishes, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, roughly minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to box instructions. Rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Add asparagus and boil until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking for 1 minute. Pat dry, slice into inch long pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Keep chilled until ready to serve.