Apparently it's the weekend and I don't know about you but I'm READY for a little happy hour (at home) later today. Introducing an immune boosting orange turmeric cocktail!
Ok now before you say "PSH an immune boosting cocktail? That's not a thing," I'm gunna need you to HOLD up. Check it:
- Turmeric: immune system booster + anti-inflammatory + antioxidant
- Ginger - anti-inflammatory + antioxidant, and the added bonus of antinausea
- Orange zest/juice - Vitamin C it UP + antioxidant
- Lemon juice - more vitamin C + antioxidant
- Teensy bit of sage - immune system booster + anti-inflammatory
See?? Add a splash of your favorite spirit (I used gin, but vodka, whiskey, rum, and even tequila will work equally well), top it off with sparkling wine and voila! A happy hour at home, quarantined friendly immune boosting orange turmeric cocktail.
If nothing else, a little prosecco buzz and the placebo effect of healthy ingredients should help you feel pretty snazzy until this virus dies down! Immune boosting orange turmeric cocktail recipe below.Print
Enjoy a healthier happier hour with this bubbly beverage packed with vitamin c, antioxidants, immune system boosters, and anti-inflammatories.
For the Orange Turmeric Simple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated turmeric OR 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger OR 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 5-6 fresh sage leaves OR 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
For the Immune Boosting Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces gin (or whiskey, rum, tequila, vodka, whatever suits your fancy!)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed or store bought orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange turmeric simple syrup
- Prosecco, chilled
- Orange wedge to garnish
Make the Simple Syrup
- In a small pot, heat sugar and water to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Turn heat to low and add turmeric, ginger, sage, and orange zest. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let steep another 5 minutes.
- If using fresh ingredients, strain syrup into a sealable container. If using dried and powdered ingredients, strain through a coffee filter into a sealable container. Chill until ready to use.
Make the Immune Boosting Cocktail
- Fill glass halfway with chilled prosecco.
- Gently stir in gin (or spirit of choice), orange juice, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Taste and add more lemon juice or syrup as desired.
- Garnish with orange wedge. Enjoy chilled!