Hokay. Are you ready. For…instant pot pulled pork sandwiches?! Good because here we go.
Super flavorful, succulent pulled pork all done in an instant pot. It’s SO easy! You don’t have to check on it while it cooks and it takes a fraction of the time. Instead of taking legit all day to get that fall of the bone tenderness, it only takes 90 minutes.
To make the best, most delectable pulled pork sandwich, spread toasted baguette slices with whole grain mustard and BBQ sauce. Layer with coleslaw mix and as much instant pot pulled pork as humanely possible.
Super easy, super delicious, you’re going to love it! Instant pot pulled pork sandwiches recipe below.Print
Easy, mouthwatering, perfectly seasoned pulled pork all done in the instant pot. Serve on sliced baguette with whole grain mustard, coleslaw mix and extra BBQ sauce.
For the Pulled Pork
- 2 lbs pork shoulder, trimmed of fat and cut into 4 large pieces (if yours is bone in that’s fine, it’ll cook the same either way!).
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine or red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s)
For the Sandwiches
- Sliced baguette or buns, toasted
- Coleslaw cabbage mix
- BBQ sauce
- Whole grain mustard
- Mix salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, ground mustard, and brown sugar together in a bowl.
- Pat pork shoulder dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle evenly with spice mix.
- Turn instant pot on sauté and add olive oil. Sear pork pieces, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Pour wine into instant pot, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot. Turn instant pot off.
- Add chicken broth and half of the BBQ sauce. Secure lid and turn vent to sealing. Using the manual setting, turn the instant pot on high pressure for 60 minutes. Let the pork sit for 15 minutes on warming before quick releasing the valve.*
- Remove pork to a bowl. Shred pork using two forks. Stir in remaining BBQ sauce and 1/4 cup of the liquid in the instant pot.
- Make sandwiches: Spread BBQ sauce and whole grain mustard as desired on toasted baguette slices or buns. Add coleslaw mix and top with pulled pork. Sandwich together and enjoy!
Make sure to follow all directions from your instant pot! Double check ways to depressurize it: quick release and natural release. Avoid putting your face over the instant pot when removing the lid or turning the steam vent from seal to vent.