Soooo....my last recipe share may have been a healthy weeknight dinner, but then my sweet tooth kicked in...and BAM! Salted caramel chocolate fudge.
My friend Josh makes the BEST fudge and he was nice enough to share the recipe with me 😁. Thanks Josh! Now prepare yourself for the most decadent fudge you've ever tasted.
This recipe uses both milk chocolate and dark chocolate for ultimate chocolate deliciousness. Not too sweet, but not too bitter.
I did have a few alterations 😬. A couple switcheroos to Josh's recipe if you will.
One. Instead of using regular unsalted butter, I used extra creamy unsalted butter from Tillamook to really help the fudgy texture along.
Two. The addition of a salted caramel topping. Just makes an absolutely delicious dessert even more tasty.
Three. Garnishes! Grab that swanky box of sea salt flakes. I promise you won't regret it! I even use it on top of my avocado toast and all the things (a true millennial here), it's totally worth it! Also, chop up a baking bar of dark chocolate to top the fudge for even more flavor.
This salted caramel chocolate fudge is so easy, takes 20 minutes, and is just so rich and decadent you'll love it I promise. Recipe coming up!Print
The ultimate, decadent and easy milk and dark chocolate fudge swirled with a homemade salted caramel sauce.
For the Fudge
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter (I used Tillamook's extra creamy unsalted butter)
- 15 large marshmallows, halved
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, 60% cacao*
- 6 ounces milk chocolate*
- ½ cup salted caramel sauce
- Sea salt flakes, roughly sliced/chopped dark chocolate for garnish
For the Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon coarse salt
Make the Salted Caramel Sauce
- Wipe a heavy bottomed medium sized sauce pot clean of all impurities (bits of dust, etc.). Add white sugar in an even layer and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently with a heat resistant spoon while it melts.
- When the sugar is completely caramelized, quickly whisk in the butter until completely dissolved. Be careful as it will bubble up!
- Remove from heat and pour in the cream, quickly whisking until smooth. Again, be careful as it will bubble up.
- Add vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk together until smooth. Set aside in a warm place. Reheat as needed.
Make the Fudge
- Grease or prepare a 8x8 (for thicker but less fudge squares) or a 9x13 (for thinner but more fudge squares) baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat combine sugars, milk, and butter. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- After 5 minutes, stir in marshmallows and vanilla extract until completely combined.
- Stir in milk and dark chocolate until complete combined and smooth. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Swirl ½ of the caramel sauce onto the top of the warm fudge with a knife or spoon.
- Chill fudge until completely cooled and solid. Swirl remaining caramel sauce on top of the fudge and top with sea salt flakes and chopped chocolate as desired. Remove from the pan, cut as desired and serve.
I used Ghiradelli baking chocolate bars and bulk chocolate chunks (chocolate chips don't melt as well but they'll work in a pinch).