It's 80 degrees today. In all honesty, that's not too bad. So far I'm doing okay but it is only early (early early) July 😳. So...smoothie weather for the next couple months? Starting strong with a summer cherry strawberry smoothie.
Cherries and strawberries are some of my favorite fruits of this warm season. Although, I feel like I say that about every fruit that graces the produces aisle in the summer. Blueberries, peaches...the list goes on. Guess I just love ALL the summer fruit!
However, we'll be sticking with just cherries and strawberries for this recipe 😆. It is a summer cherry strawberry smoothie after all!
After the two name sake ingredients, just throw some spinach/kale, yogurt, coconut milk, flax seeds, and a banana in a blender. Aaaand...blend!
Summer cherry strawberry smoothie for days. Enjoy!Print
Two of the best fruits summer has to offer, blended up with other healthy ingredients for a delicious, quick breakfast!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cherries, ( I used fresh, pitted and destemmed)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries (I used fresh)
- 1 cup kale and baby spinach, packed (I used ½ cup each)
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- Honey, as desired for sweetness
- ½ cup to 1 cup water, as desired for thickness
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy chilled!
Feel free to substitute your favorite milk! Dairy milk, soy milk, almond milk, etc.
Plain greek yogurt can also be used instead of regular plain yogurt.