Really need to get back on the healthy food train. Too many fries, mexican food, brownies, and popcorn these past few days *facepalm*.
Honestly, when it gets hot out I just become the laziest cook on the planet AKA I don't cook. For myself at least. Dan was out of town and it was definitely Mexican food delivery for dinner. Anyway, time to get back on track! Let's start with this greek vegetable frittata.
It's a one pan breakfast miracle: vegetarian, gluten free, easy clean up, and on the healthier side??
Even though I've shared a couple frittatas on the blog before, this time around I wanted to try a greek style twist. A little feta cheese, spinach, tomatoes, red onion, and a pinch of fresh oregano is all you need!
I did add some diced up zucchini for substance and extra nutrients. Not particularly a Greek staple but, in my opinion, necessary.
My favorite things about the frittata:
First, I've said it before and I'll say it again...ONE POT! Cook it all in the skillet aaaaand that's it. So easy and simple!
Second, it's kind of a kitchen sink deal, just like a quiche but gluten free 😎. Throw in any extra veggies or herbs you have lying around, or even some cheese!
In short, lets get back on the healthy train with a greek vegetable frittata. Yes? Yes pleasekthanks. Recipe below!Print
This one pan greek frittata with spinach, tomatoes, kalamata olives, and feta cheese works for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Plus, it's vegetarian and gluten free.
- 12 medium eggs, beaten
- ½ cup skim milk
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled + extra for garnish
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup baby spinach, chopped
- 2 small or 1 medium zucchini, diced
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, roughly minced + extra for garnish
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the red onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until somewhat softened. Stir in garlic and spinach, cooking for 1 more minute until garlic is fragrant.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes, olives, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix completely. Lower heat to medium.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs together with milk and feta cheese. Add the egg mixture to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes, until the sides are set.
- Top with an extra pinch of pepper. Place the pan on a middle rack in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the middle is set. Garnish with any extra oregano and feta cheese. Serve immediately.