Sometimes, a whole big dinner is just too much. Sometimes, I can’t even get it together enough to make a casserole 🤣. On a day like that, dressing up some pasta with just a few ingredients is the way to go. Say hello to a new week night go to, quick and easy pesto shrimp pasta.
This is one of the easiest, quickest, AND filling pasta dishes ever.
You can use whatever pasta you want. Seriously.
You can make a fresh batch of basil pesto, or you can make life even easier and pick up your favorite brand at the store.
And that shrimp? Cooks up in the skillet in less than 5 minutes. The longest part of this dish is just waiting for your pasta to boil!
Quick and easy shrimp pesto pasta. Definitely one of our new faves in the weekly rotation!Print
Super simple, fast, and delicious week night pasta dish with tasty shrimp in a garlicky basil pesto sauce.
- 1 lb pasta (I used orecchiette pasta but you can use whatever is in your pantry!)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces small white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red chili pepper flakes, as desired
- Cook pasta to al dente according to box instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Stir in mushrooms and cook until somewhat softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour the white wine into the skillet and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom.
- Stir in the pesto, thyme leaves, chicken broth, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Let simmer 1 minute.
- Stir cooked pasta into the pot. If the pasta has cooled at all, keep the skillet over a low heat until warmed through. Remove from heat.
- Add salt, pepper, and red chili pepper flakes to taste. Serve immediately.