It's December!!! And you know what that means...double chocolate peppermint bark time!!!
Double chocolate peppermint bark is my go-to Christmas treat. As much as I love a good holiday cookie, this bark is just the easiest, simplest thing to make and only takes 20 minutes!
It's so easy and quick to make! Here, lemme show you:
Step 1: Melt a mixture of bittersweet and semisweet chocolate and stir in some peppermint extract.
Step 2: Pour out and sprinkle with Oreo thins. GOTTA have the Oreo thins, it adds a nice crunch to the bark.
Step 3. Freeze for 5 minutes.
Step Four: Repeat melting with some white chocolate and stir in a little more peppermint extract.
Step Five: Pour over frozen Oreo thins chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Step Six: Freeze until chocolate is set, about 5 minutes.
...DONE! Store in a cool, dry place. Oh and don't forget to crack it!
See?? Told you. Easy and quick. Double chocolate peppermint bark for the WIN this holiday season!
Instead of having to bake up a whole tray of assorted Christmas cookies, this treat looks fabulous in a little favor bag with some festive ribbon. Just one batch will give you 6 servings!!!
Keep it simple and easy this giving season with this double chocolate peppermint bark. A couple batches and you have festive favors for days. Remember to save some for yourself!Print
The perfect quick and easy Christmas treat! Simple to make and full of holiday peppermint flavor.
- 4 ounces bitter-sweet chocolate
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup crushed Oreo thins
- 1/2 cup crushed red and white peppermint candy canes
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Following melting instructions on the package, melt both the semi-sweet and bitter-sweet chocolate in microwave or double boiler. If using the microwave, heat the chocolate in 1 minute intervals, for 3 minutes total, stirring between each interval). Once melted, stir in half of the peppermint extract until combined.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the prepared cookie sheet and spread into a thin layer using a baking spatula.
- Sprinkle evenly with crushed Oreo thins and place in freezer to chill for 5 minutes.
- While the chocolate is chilling, repeat the melting process in step 2 with the white chocolate. Once melted, stir in the other half of the peppermint extract until completely combined. Let the white chocolate cool for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove chilled chocolate from freezer and pour white chocolate on top. Quickly spread white chocolate evenly over the chilled chocolate (the heat of the white chocolate will melt the chilled chocolate - don't worry if this happens! It can give your white chocolate a nice swirled look).
- Sprinkle evenly with crushed peppermint candy canes and place in freezer to chill for another 5 minutes.
- Once completely chilled, remove the chocolate from the silpat and break apart as desired. Store in a cool, dry place.
I used Ghirardelli baking chocolate bars for all my chocolate in this recipe!
Feel free to add another 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract if you want even more flavor (another 1/8 teaspoon each to the white chocolate and bitter-sweet/semi-sweet chocolate).