Happy Wednesday everyone! It's still ridiculously hot in Seattle and even though the smoke appeared to be clearing the past couple days, it's back in a big way. So onward with the quick, easy, hot weather recipes! I realized I've got a couple salsa recipes on the blog....but no Guacamole!
You gotta have Guacamole. Classic Guacamole. Margaritas for happy hour? I'll be ordering a side of chips and guac. Taco Tuesday? Extra guac please. Just got a bunch of super ripe avocados? Guacamole time!
Personally, I prefer a mixture of creamy and chunky for this particular dish. No food processors here! Ripe avocados that are scoopable are perfect for the creamy side of this classic guacamole.
To add little more texture, instead of processing it all together, I roughly dice up tomatoes, a sweet onion, a jalapeño and plenty of cilantro. Add a few spices, minced garlic, and some lemons and limes and it's time to break out the tortilla chips!
PS. Classic guacamole hint: In order to keep it fresh and green longer (apart from a sealable container), make sure to save the avocado pits! Put the avocado pits in the guac before covering it and placing it in the fridge. Guacamole for daaays ????????!Print
- 3 ripe avocados, halved and cores removed
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cups sweet onion, small dice
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed as desired, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Pinch cayenne, as desired
- Scoop out the avocado into a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients until combined. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!