Steak Blue Cheese Avocado Salad. Can we talk about this please? This recipe basically has all my favorite things, except chocolate of course ????. Blue Cheese Crumbles? Check. Chunks of ripe avocado? Check. And of course medium rare steak? ????????????
The PERFECT summer food. A light, easy salad with a tangy marinated steak and homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Once you've marinated the meat, this recipe only takes about 15 minutes to make! Woohooooo! No oven required. I made this steak on the stove top but this could easily be done on a grill, and just in time for Father's Day!
Steak and blue cheese. Whoever though up that combination was a genius. Creamy bleu cheese crumbles scattered on top of a mustard, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce marinated steak? Oh and then let's throw some avocado in there because MORE delicious things are necessary right?
So Steak Blue Cheese Avocado Salad for Father's Day this weekend? Easy peezy? A meal with easy prep and little mess? Yes please!
For the Marinade
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
For the Salad
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 5 ounces pack of baby spring greens mix (arugula, spinach, chard, frisee)
- 1 avocado, diced
For the Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- Dash of salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Marinate the Steak: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients for marinade. Set aside. Pat steak dry with paper towels and season liberally with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Place the steak in a resealable plastic bag and pour marinade on top. Seal the bag and mix well. Refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 8 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Add the steak for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, or cook until desired doneness.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss together greens, tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles and avocado in a large bowl.
- in a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for vinaigrette.
- Thinly slice cooked steak and lay on top of salad. Drizzle steak and salad with vinaigrette.