I'm officially on board the Kale Express train. I'm a fan. It might not be your typical "comfort food" and can seem tough or peppery, but treat it right and its oh so yummy. For example: These Perfectly Crispy Baked Kale Chips. DELICIOUS! And way healthier for you than potato chips...
Honestly, when I make these chips, I eat half of them before they cool. They manage to perfectly crispy when you take a bite and simultaneously melt in your mouth. It's just heaven. And you can feel 837857345 times better about yourself because you're eating KALE!!! Crispy, airy, delectable kale.
And now for the How To! Kale chips can have some serious issues; chewy, burnt, bland, soggy...Luckily, I've tried many different variations and have discovered some very helpful tricks along the way so you don't have to worry 🙂
A few tricks to making yummy scrumptious Perfectly Crispy Baked Kale Chips:
- LIGHT on the olive oil. Too much and they'll get all soggy. Ewgross.
- Don't skimp on the salt and pepper! You might be tempted to try a little less salt to be healthier. Remember, you're already eating Kale. Add that extra dash of salt.
- Low oven temperature. Like lowwwww. I usually cook at 400 and above. These require 325 and DO NOT GO ABOVE! Your kale will be unevenly cooked, some burnt, some still chewy if you do. Yuck.
- Rotate the pan halfway through baking. If you have a convection oven you can skip this step.
- Single layer people! Do not overcrowd you're baking sheet. A single layer of kale chips, evenly spread out, will cook the best. Do more than one batch if necessary. It's way better than squishing them all on one sheet or you'll end up with those unevenly baked ones again.
That should do it! Follow these tricks and you'll have Perfectly Crispy Baked Kale Chips every time!Print