Aaaand we’re back to soup 😆. Told you I just can’t stay away! The ultimate one pot meal, it’s just the easiest, simplest thing to make. Not only is soup easy, but after stewing away on the stove the flavors come together in perfect, savory harmony. Newest on the list? 30 Minute White Bean Kale Sausage Soup!
Confession: I actually made this soup way back in January when I was on the New Year’s resolution health kick. After some Valentine’s Day treats (mmm Creme Brulee…) I’m attempting to hop back on the get fit bandwagon and be a little healthier (definitely had all Twix bites today sooo starting tomorrow maybe? 😜). Let’s hope I can stick with it starting with this soup.
OK let’s get to it: This 30 Minute White Bean Kale Sausage Soup is healthy, hearty, and delicious, plus it’s made in just one pot so clean up is a breeze! My favorite part is the turkey kielbasa sausage. It adds a tidge of smokey flavor to the beans and kale. As a matter of fact, I’ve still got a bag of this frozen in the freezer…excuse me while I heat up a bowl 💅🏻.
PS. Quick note: I know I haven’t been writing too much these days. I’m working at getting back up there, but it’s been a bit of a struggle. All I want to do when I get home is collapse on my couch, hoping maybe tomorrow is the day this headache will go away.
But in the meantime, I wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone here who reads these posts. When you comment about how you tried a dish of mine it literally makes my day. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you 😊. If you have any questions, recipes you want to see, or even just want to know a more about little old me, don’t hesitate to leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail over at my Contact page. Talk soon!
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 ounces turkey kielbasa, fully cooked, quartered and sliced
- 2 14.5 ounce cans cannelloni beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups purple and green roughly chopped kale, packed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese to garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and somewhat translucent.
- Add garlic, cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in cannelloni beans, sausage and tomato paste. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until tomato paste darkens in color.
- Pour in white wine and stir, scraping the browned bits of the bottom of the pan.
- Add tomatoes, lemon juice, chicken broth, and kale. Bring to a boil.
- Partially cover the pot with a lid and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until kale is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with freshly grated parmesan.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to take a photo and tag it with #aberdeenskitchen. I can't wait to see what you cook up!