Easy and quick vegetarian breakfast, brunch, or any time of day meal with delicious California style flavors.
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, sliced + extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, roughly chopped + extra for garnish
- 4 ounces canned green chiles, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Red salsa for drizzling (I used homemade roasted salsa, but your favorite store bought or a pico de gallo will work just fine)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach and green onion, and cook for 2-3 minutes, until spinach starts to wilt.
- While the spinach and green onion are cooking, whisk together eggs, milk, cilantro, half of the cherry tomatoes, chiles, and 3/4 of the cheese.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and pour the egg mixture into the pan. Let cook for 1-2 minutes, until the eggs begin to set. Once they start, gently pull the eggs from the edges to the center of the pan and fold them in, repeating until the eggs are set (look a little shiny or wet on top but are no longer runny). Remove from heat and plate as desired.
- Top with avocado, the rest of the cheese and tomatoes, a drizzle of salsa, extra green onion, extra cilantro, and fresh ground black pepper. Serve immediately.