For the Dutch Baby
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste (optional - can easily substitute with vanilla extract)
- Pinch of dried thyme
- Pinch of dried basil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the Filling
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Ham slices, torn into bite size pieces
- Pesto (try some homemade kale pesto for a little more flavor!)
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Your choice of egg, as desired*
- Fresh sliced chives and roughly chopped parsley, to garnish
- Place a large, oven safe skillet in the oven and preheat to 425˚F.
- While pan is heating, blend eggs, flour, milk, salt, sugar, dried thyme, dried basil, and vanilla in a blender until smooth.
- Remove hot pan from the oven and add the butter, swirling the melting butter around to coat the pan.
- Pour batter into the pan and return to the oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Top puffed pancake with shredded cheeses and ham immediately. Throw back in the oven for a couple minutes to warm up the ham and melt the cheese a little bit more.
- Remove and top with tomatoes, pesto, and an egg as desired. Garnish with fresh chives and parsley. Serve immediately.