- 6 ounces fresh blackberries
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (juice of 1 lime)
- 4 ounces your favorite bourbon (I used Bulleit)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons simple syrup, more as desired
- Ginger ale
- Using a muddler (I actually used the flat side of a spoon), smash about 10-12 blackberries and 8 mint leaves in a cocktail shaker.
- Add lime juice, bourbon and simple syrup. Secure lid and shake briefly to combine.
- Fill a glass about 3/4 the way with ice. Pour mixture over the ice.
- Fill the last 1/4 of the glass with a splash of ginger ale. Garnish with more blackberries and mint leaves. Add more simple syrup if desired for more sweetness.
To rim your glass, pour a little white sugar on a flat plate. Before adding ice to your glass, coat the rim with lime juice using a lime slice. Press the rim of the glass into the sugar. Voila!