- 2 lbs roma tomatoes
- 1 medium white onion, quartered and halved
- 1 poblano chili, halved
- 1 jalapeño chili, halved (seeds removed for milder salsa if desired)
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 large handful cilantro (leaves and stems)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Prepare a baking sheet with foil.
- Place tomatoes, onion, chilis, and garlic cloves in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until softened. Broil for 2 minutes until charred. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Peel garlic. Add all ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.