A 30 minute, easy, spring strawberry rhubarb breakfast whipped up in a blender and cooked in one skillet! Topped with homemade lemon curd.
For the Dutch Baby
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup AP flour
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste (optional - can easily substitute with vanilla extract)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced + extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup rhubarb, diced
- Fresh mint, roughly chopped, for garnish
FOR THE LEMON CURD
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- Pinch of coarse salt
Make the Lemon Curd
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat, whisk together butter, sugar, lemon juice, zest and salt until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, whisking until fully mixed each time.
- Cook over low heat about 8-9 minutes, whisking frequently, until somewhat thickened. Remove from heat and cool completely. Chill in the fridge until ready to use.
Make the Dutch Baby
- Place a large, oven safe skillet in the oven and preheat to 425˚F.
- While pan is heating, blend eggs, flour, milk, salt, sugar, and vanilla in a blender until smooth.
- Remove hot pan from the oven and add the butter, swirling the melting butter around to coat the pan.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan. Sprinkle with strawberries and rhubarb. Top with remaining batter and return to the oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle with any remaining strawberries, and chopped mint. Drizzle with lemon curd. Cut wedges out of the skillet and serve immediately.