Decadent chocolate skillet pancake whipped up in a blender and done in less than 30 minutes. The perfect excuse to eat dessert for breakfast!
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons AP flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste (optional – can easily substitute with vanilla extract)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Raspberries, fresh mint leaves, pomegranate arils, chocolate sauce, chocolate shavings, powdered sugar, and whipped cream for garnish
- Place a large, oven safe skillet in the oven and preheat to 425˚F.
- While pan is heating, blend eggs, flour, cocoa powder, milk, salt, sugar, and vanilla in a blender until smooth.
- Remove hot pan from the oven and add the butter, swirling the melting butter around to coat the pan.
- Pour batter into the pan and return to the oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Sift powdered sugar over the puffed pancake. Add raspberries, pomegranate arils, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, chocolate shavings, fresh mint, and more powdered sugar to garnish as desired. Cut wedges out of the skillet and serve immediately.
To make homemade chocolate sauce: In a microwave, melt 4 ounces chopped chocolate and 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream in 30 second increments, whisking together until thoroughly combined.
To make homemade whipped cream: Whisk together 1/4 cup whipped cream with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.