Simple and quick spiced mulled wine done on the stove in just 20 minutes! The perfect warm beverage for a cold, stormy day.
- 1 (750-ml) bottle red wine (I used cabernet sauvignon)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 3 tablespoons grand mariner
- 1 large orange, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 6 whole cloves
- Honey to sweeten as desired
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot over medium heat. Once it starts to steam, immediately reduce to a simmer (do NOT boil the wine!) and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove oranges, cloves, anise, and cinnamon sticks and toss away. Add honey if desired for a sweeter mulled wine.
- Ladle into heat proof glasses or mugs. Garnish with extra fresh orange slices, cinnamon sticks, and star anise as desired. Enjoy!