Hearty, easy Irish inspired stew chock full of veggies! Secret ingredient: Guinness blonde lager. Throw all the ingredients in the slow cooker, press cook, and that’s it!
- 2–3 lbs corned beef, uncooked with spice packet
- 1 1/2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, largely diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 12 ounce bottle Guinness Blonde Lager
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Remove fat cap from corned beef and slice into large chunks (I slice mine into about 4 large pieces).
- Turn on slow cooker. Add all ingredients, including the corned beef spice packet and stir to combine. The slow cooker will be pretty full but it will all cook down!
- Cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or on low 7-8 hours.
- Remove thyme and bay leaves. Shred corned beef and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a piece of your favorite crusty bread and a pint of Guinness blond lager!
I use a 5 quart slow cooker. Make sure to check the size of yours and adjust any slow cooker recipe accordingly!