Delicious BBQ game day appetizer done in just 30 minutes!
- 12 slider buns, split
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded*
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays), more if desired.
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup smoked gouda, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Fresh ground black pepper as desired
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Prepare a 9X13 baking dish with parchment paper. Lightly spray paper with non stick cooking spray.
- Place bottoms of slider buns in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine shredded chicken with 1/2 cup of the bbq sauce. Mix until completely coated. Spread chicken equally across the buns. Top with remaining bbq sauce.
- Evenly sprinkle mozzarella, red onion, gouda, and 1 tablespoon cilantro across the chicken topped sliders. Add pepper as desired.
- Place the top buns on top of the sliders.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- While baking, melt the butter. Add remaining cilantro and set aside.
- Remove foil from the pan. Brush each bun with butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, for another ten minutes, until tops are golden. Serve immediately.
If you don't have cooked chicken, grab 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts: Drizzle a little olive oil into a skillet and cook chicken over medium-high heat until the inside is no longer pink, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat. Once cooled, shred using two forks.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes