his quick and easy winter season salad is chock full of bright, flavorful orange and grapefruit mixed with bitter greens, baby spinach and a little shaved parmesan. Topped with a citrus red wine vinaigrette!
For the Salad
- 2 blood oranges
- 1 navel orange
- 1 grapefruit
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 radicchio head, halved, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 endive head, sliced first lengthwise, then crosswise in 1/2-inch slices.
- 3–4 cups baby winter green mix (baby spinach, arugula, chard)
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette until completely combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Slice peels and pith (white layer) off of all the citrus fruits and thinly slice.
- Toss all ingredients for the salad together in a large bowl. Drizzle with half of the salad dressing. Serve and drizzle with remaining salad dressing as desired.