For the Salad
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 1/2 cups sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 avocado, cored and sliced
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese, sliced
- 4 cups mixed spring greens
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, sliced
For the Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Dash of salt and fresh black pepper
For the Chicken Rub
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon parprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Add asparagus and boil until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking for 1 minute. Pat dry, slice into inch long pieces and set aside.
- Mix together chicken rub spices in a small bowl. Pat chicken breasts dry and sprinkle both sides liberally with rub mix.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until the temperature reaches 165°F, about 6 minutes per side. Remove from pan and let rest for five minutes before slicing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for vinaigrette until completely combined.
- Assemble the salad: Toss the greens, asparagus, peas and tomatoes together with most of the dressing, reserving a few tablespoons for drizzling.
- Top the salad with the sliced chicken, goat cheese, toasted almonds, avocado, and blackberries. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.