For the Tart
- 1 puff pastry sheet, homemade or store bought, thawed
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 cups assorted berries (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
- Fresh mint, roughly chopped
For the Lemon Curd
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Make the lemon curd: In a medium sauce pan, whisk together butter and sugar. Add lemon juice, zest and salt and whisk until combined. Add eggs one at a time, whisking until fully mixed each time. Heat pot over low heat and cook about 8-9 minutes, until somewhat thickened. Remove from heat and cool completely. Chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly dust with flour.
- Place puff pastry sheet on top of the dusted paper. Being careful not to cut completely through the pastry, slice a 1/2 inch edge all the way round. Poke the puff pastry in the middle a few times with a fork.
- Bake pastry 14 -15 minutes, until puffed and golden. Remove from heat and gently press the center down. Let cool about 10-15 minutes until around room temperature.
- While pastry is cooling, beat mascarpone, cream cheese, lemon juice and vanilla together with an electric mixer until smooth. Sift in powdered sugar and beat again until smooth.
- Gently spread mascarpone mixture in a thin layer on top of the puff pastry.
- Top with berries as desired. Drizzle with cooled lemon curd and garnish with fresh mint.