- 1 homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- 1/4 cup homemade or your favorite store-bought marinara sauce
- 8 ounces hot, ground Italian sausage
- 16–20 of your favorite large pepperoni slices
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Handful fresh baby arugula
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Roll pizza dough into a 12″ circle. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Cook sausage: Drizzle a little olive oil into a skillet and cook ground sausage over medium-high heat until browned and crumbly, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from skillet using a slotted spoon and place onto a plate with covered in a paper towel. Set aside.
- Remove pizza dough from the fridge. Gently brush with a drizzle of olive oil then spread marinara sauce, leaving the edges of the pizza sauce free.
- Sprinkle with cheeses. Top with red onion slices, pepperoni and cooked sausage.
- Place the pizza on a round pizza pan, or baking sheet and put on the middle rack in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh arugula. Serve immediately.