- 8 strips raw bacon
- 1 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Extra virgin olive oil for extra drizzling
- Fresh cilantro roughly chopped, thinly sliced chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Place strips of bacon in a large (at least 10 inch), oven safe skillet. Cook over medium low heat on both sides until cooked through but not yet crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat to a paper towel lined plate and set aside, leaving the bacon grease in the pan. When the bacon is cool enough to handle, roughly dice.
- Increase the heat to medium high, add the potatoes, bell pepper, and onion and cook for 7- 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until starting to soften and can be pierced with a fork
- Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, paprika, black pepper, and salt. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until garlic is fragrant.
- Using a spoon, create 4 to 6 holes (depending on how many eggs you want) in the hash mixture for the eggs. Distribute the cheeses evenly into each hole, and then crack one egg into each hole.
- Place in the preheat oven and cook for 8-10 minutes, until egg white is set but the yolk is still runny.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cooked bacon. Garnish with fresh ground black pepper, cilantro and chives.