- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled, quarted and sliced
- 2 celery ribs, halved and sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2–3 tablespoons white wine or white wine vinegar
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 1/2 cups egg noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra fresh thyme, fresh parsley to garnish
- Turn instant pot on sauté and add olive oil. Stir in carrots, onion, and celery and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Pour in lemon juice and white wine, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Press cancel on the instant pot to turn off the sauté. Pour in the chicken broth. Add the chicken breasts and fresh thyme. Press the “soup” option, and set the instant pot for 10 minutes. Secure the lid and turn the vent to sealing.
- Optional: When the soup option is done cooking, you can leave everything as if for another 10 minutes or so for everything to calm down before quick releasing the pot (the instant pot will depressurize on its own in 20 minutes). Otherwise, quick release the instant pot by turning the steam valve from seal to vent.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the soup and shred with two forks.
- Turn the instant pot back on sauté and add the egg noodles. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, until noodles are al dente.
- Press cancel on the instant pot to turn it off. Stir shredded chicken back into the pot. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with any leftover fresh thyme or fresh parsley.