- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cored, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch red chili pepper flakes
- Preheat an outdoor grill.
- Make the marinade: In a large bowl or large ziplock bag, add shrimp, olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder and pepper flakes. Toss until coated. Seal the bag/cover the bowl and chill for 30 minutes. While chilling, soak around 8 kabob skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from the marinade and shake off any excess liquid, reserving the marinade.
- Thread shrimp and pineapple onto skewers as desired.
- Place the skewers on the grill and brush with some of the reserved marinade. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip the skewers over brush on the rest of the marinade. Cover and cook another 2-3 minutes, until shrimp is pink and cooked through (no longer opaque).