For the Salad
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 sweet, yellow corn on the cob, husk removed
- 1 cup raw broccoli florets
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh blue cheese, crumbled
For the Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- Dash of salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Cook eggs: Bring a small pot of water to a low boil. Reduce to a simmer and add eggs. Simmer for 20 minutes. Remove eggs and run under cold water. Gently remove shells and place eggs in the fridge to cool. Once cooled, thinly slice and set aside.
- Grill corn: Preheat a cast iron grill pan at medium-high heat or an outdoor grill. Drizzle corn with a little olive oil and sprinkle it with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Using tongs, place on the heated grill. Cook each side until grill marks form and corn kernels are softened, about 10 minutes total. Drizzle with more olive oil if necessary. Remove from heat when done and let cool. Slice corn kernels off the cob and set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small mixing bowl, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk vigorously until completely combined.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, toss together greens, corn, broccoli, radishes, cucumber, carrot, and tomatoes. Pour dressing over the salad, and lightly toss. Top with blue cheese and serve.
If you’re in a bit of rush, substitute 1 cup cooked corn kernels (frozen ones that have been thawed work well) for the grilled corn.