- 1 lb mild Italian pork sausage
- 15 oz canned pumpkin puree
- 15 oz canned diced tomato
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 15 oz can white beans, drained
- 7 oz canned green fire roasted chilis, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn your slow cooker on high. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add Italian sausage, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add cooked sausage and the rest of the ingredients into the the slow cooker. Stir until combined. Cook for 3 to 4 hours, depending on your slow cooker.
- Garnish with chives, sour cream, and a a sprinkle of cheddar and monterey jack cheese.