For the Enchiladas
- 1 1/2 cups green enchilada sauce
- 30 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups sweet yellow corn kernels, cooked
- 2 cups cheddar and monterey jack cheeses, shredded
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- Cilantro leaves, thinly sliced chives, cotija cheese crumbles and radish slices for garnish
For the Homemade Mexican Spice Blend
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9X13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for Mexican spice blend. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine black beans, corn, 1 cup of the shredded cheeses and the Mexican spice blend. Stir until completely combined.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the green enchilada sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Pour about 1/2 cup into a shallow bowl.
- Warm the corn tortillas on the stove or in the microwave (30 seconds).
- Assemble the enchiladas: Dip tortillas into the sauce in the shallow bowl and shake gently to remove excess. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the black bean and corn mixture onto each tortilla. Gently roll up each tortilla and place in the baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Cook for 15 minutes, until cheese has melted and sauce is slightly bubbling around the edges.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves, chives, cotija cheese crumbles, and radish slices if desired.