For the Marinade
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
For the Steak and Veggies
- 2 – 3 lbs petite sirloin steak, about 1 to 1/2 inches thick
- 2 large zucchini, halved, and quartered into 1 inch thick pieces
- 3 yellow squash, halved, and quartered into 1 inch thick pieces
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb thin asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- In a medium size bowl, stir together ingredients for the marinade.
- Place steaks in a large ziplock bag. Pour marinade over the steaks, seal the bag, and shake to coat.
- Let marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Turn oven on broil and preheat for 10 minutes. Grease a large baking pan.
- In a large bowl, toss zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, and cherry tomatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of coarse salt. Pour the veggie mix onto the pan and even out into a single layer. Toss asparagus in the same bowl, with another drizzle of olive oil and another pinch of salt. Lay over the veggies on the pan.
- If you have one, put a wire rack on top of the veggies and place the marinated steaks on the rack. If not, place the asparagus in bunches and top with the steak, allowing for a little breathing room between the steak and the rest of the veggies.
- Place the pan 4 inches from the heat.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, turning the pan halfway through, until vegetables are softened and steaks reach desired doneness. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing the steak.