For the Wings
- 2 lbs wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Black and white sesame seeds, thinly sliced chives to garnish.
For the Glaze
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (add more to make spicier wings)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F. Prepare a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Pat chicken wings dry with a paper towel. In a large bowl, toss chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper. Lay in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake chicken wings for 30 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned.
- While chicken is baking, make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together water and corn starch. In a small pot, whisk together all other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Whisk in corn starch slurry and bring back to a boil. Turn heat down to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until liquid is slightly reduced and thickened. Turn heat off and remove to a warm place until chicken wings are cooked through.
- Drizzle cooked chicken wings liberally with sweet and spicy orange glaze. Place back in the oven and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- Remove from oven and garnish with sesame seeds and chives.