- 2 1/4 cups AP flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chives, thinly sliced
- 1 cup buttermilk, well-shaken
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Add the cubed butter, and using either a pastry blender, two forks or a food processor, cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the blue cheese and chives, stir until just combined.
- Pour in the buttermilk and stir until just combined.
- Take about two tablespoons of dough at a time into your hand and roll into a rough ball. Place the balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet and gently flatten with your hand.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Serve warm for best taste!