- Sourdough bread, 8 slices
- Cheddar cheese, 3 thin slices per sandwich (about 12 slices)
- Monterey Jack cheese, 3 thin slices per sandwich (about 12 slices)
- Chevre goat cheese, 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- Spread a thin layer of butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Spread a thin layer of goat cheese on the non buttered side of each slice of bread.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt a large spoonful of butter in the pan.
- Add 4 slices of bread to the pan (or however many will fit. This may be done in batches). Top these slices of bread with 3 slices of Cheddar cheese and 3 slices of Monterey Jack cheese. Grill for a couple minutes until cheese starts to melt and bread has started to brown.
- Place the other slices butter-side-up on top of the cheese, press down and flip the sandwich over.
- Grill other side until cheese is completely melted and bread is golden.
- Serve with tomato soup and eat immediately!