- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup low fat ricotta
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons melted butter + extra 4 for cooking
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, powdered sugar, and salt. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- In another mixing bowl. whisk egg yolk, melted butter, lemon zest, vanilla extract, ricotta, buttermilk, and milk together until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until just mixed. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Gently fold 1 cup blueberries and egg whites into the flour mixture until just combined.
- Heat a griddle or a large skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Scoop a heaping 1/4 cup of pancake batter and pour onto skillet or griddle. Add about 10 blueberries on top.
- Cook until little bubbles start to form, about 3 minutes. Flip over and cook for another minute. Remove to a plate and repeat this process with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with butter, sifted powdered sugar, and more fresh blueberries.