Switch out the feta and dress up your greek salad with golden Halloumi cheese slices, fried up in just 5 minutes! Toss with Mediterranean inspired veggies and roasted chick peas for extra yums.
For the Halloumi Cheese
- 8 ounces Halloumi cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
For the Salad
- 4 cups butter lettuce, torn
- 4 cup arugula
- 1 cup english cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, roughly minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup roasted chick peas (I used Biena roasted chickpeas with sea salt)
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium high heat. Add Halloumi cheese slices and cook 2-3 minutes per side, until all sides are golden brown. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mint, oregano, lemon juice, and olive oil until combined.*
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients for the salad and drizzle with the dressing. Top with fried Halloumi cheese. Garnish with some fresh ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Usually I would add salt and pepper to the dressing but Halloumi cheese is very salty. No more salt needed!