Ready to eat in just 15 minutes, this delicious, savory sweet bruschetta is a must have summer treat!
- 1/2 artisan sourdough loaf, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces (about 4 to 6 slices)
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced (I used a mixture of heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and "on the vine" tomatoes - use your favorite!)
- 1 large nectarine, thinly sliced
- Handful of strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon basil, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sweet balsamic glaze, as desired for drizzling
- Pinch of salt, fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, basil, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, pinch of salt, and ground black pepper to taste. Let sit about 10 minutes to let flavors marinate while toasting the bread.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brush both sides of sourdough slices with the remaining olive oil. Cook the slices in the skillet until browned, gently pressing occasionally to help toast, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle toasted slices with a pinch of salt. Layer with nectarine and strawberries slices. Evenly spoon tomato topping on each slice. Drizzle with sweet balsamic glaze as desired. Sprinkle with a little fresh ground black pepper. Garnish with any remaining basil. Serve immediately.