Whip these delicious muffins up in less than an hour with NO added sugar! So tasty you won't even notice. Plus, a great way to use up leftover bananas and berries in your fridge!
- 3 bananas, very ripe (around 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 ounces fresh raspberries
- 4 ounces fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup Swerve brown sugar substitute
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Optional garnishes: 1 banana, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and Swerve brown sugar substitute until completely combined.
- Add the eggs, and vanilla extract and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mash up the bananas. Add to the egg mixture and stir until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flours, berries, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt.
- Add the flour berry mixture to the banana mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each one about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Remove muffins to a wire rack and cool for another 5 minutes.