Deliciously light and tasty, this easy, and quick mascarpone cream cheese spread fruit tart is topped with blood oranges, blackberries, fresh herbs, and a drizzle of honey.
- 1 puff pastry sheet, homemade or store bought, thawed
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 large blood oranges, rind/pith removed, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup blackberries, sliced in half lengthwise
- Clover honey, for drizzling
- Fresh mint and fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly dust with flour.
- Place puff pastry sheet on top of the dusted paper. Being careful not to cut completely through the pastry, slice a ½ inch edge all the way round. Poke the puff pastry in the middle a few times with a fork.
- Bake pastry 14 -15 minutes, until puffed and golden. Remove from heat and gently press the center down. Let cool about 10-15 minutes until around room temperature.
- While pastry is cooling, beat mascarpone, cream cheese, lemon juice and vanilla together with an electric mixer until smooth. Sift in powdered sugar and beat again until smooth.
- Gently spread mascarpone mixture in a thin layer on top of the puff pastry.
- Top with blood orange slices and blackberries as desired. Drizzle with honey and garnish with roughly chopped fresh mint and thyme leaves as desired. Slice to serve.