A traditional, full flavored Indian dish cooked in a clay oven, this delectable grilled version is easily done at home in less than an hour!
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup nonfat, plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced or ginger paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/2 cayenne powder
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Optional for serving: Basmati rice, mango chutney, fresh mango, cilantro, green onion
- In a large bowl or Ziploc bag, whisk together all ingredients. Add the chicken breasts and toss to coat. Cover the bowl/seal the bag and marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to over night.
- Pre-heat outdoor or indoor grill pan over medium high heat. Brush with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (you can also use coconut oil, avocado oil, pick your favorite!).
- Remove chicken breasts from marinade. Grill each one for 5-6 minutes per side, until they reach 165°F. Remove from heat and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with some basmati rice, mango chutney, fresh mango, and some chopped cilantro and green onion. Enjoy!