Perfectly cooked, juicy, moist, and flavorful turkey breast for a smaller Thanksgiving dinner without the hassle! Gravy recipe included.
For the Turkey Breast
- 6 lb bone in, skin on turkey breast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic heads, tops sliced off
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, roughly minced + 1 sprig
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, roughly minced + 1 sprig
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage leaves, roughly minced + 1 sprig
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, roughly minced + 1 sprig
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and quartered
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
For the Gravy
- Pat turkey breast dry with paper towels. Liberally sprinkle salt and pepper all over the turkey breast.
- Brush the turkey with melted butter, drizzle with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and top with chopped herbs.
- Place quartered lemon wedges, quartered apple wedges, and garlic heads on the bottom of the instant pot. Place turkey on top so that it is slightly lifted. Pour chicken broth, white wine, and remaining lemon juice into the instant pot, avoiding pouring any liquid directly on top of the turkey.
- Secure lid and turn vent to sealing. Using the manual setting, turn the instant pot on high pressure for 36 minutes for a 6 lb turkey breast, adding 6 minutes for each additional pound. Once done cooking, let the turkey sit for 10 minutes on warming before quick releasing the valve.*
- For crispy skin: Turn oven on high broil. Remove the turkey breast and garlic heads to the prepared sheet pan. Place in the oven and broil for 4-5 minutes, until desired crispy skin is reached. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Make the gravy: while the turkey is resting, melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Whisk in flour until completely combined. Let cook 2 minutes, whisking frequently. Slowly pour in strained liquid and white wine. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook 5-7 minutes, until gravy reaches desired thickness, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove turkey breast from oven to a platter. Garnish with fresh herbs and decorate platter as desired. Drizzle with gravy and serve!