Quick and easy tomato and fresh herb pasta dinner with a light sprinkling of toasted panko. Perfect for busy weeknights and warm summer evenings!
- 1 lb paccheri or similar pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, roughly minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, roughly minced
- 2 tablespoons panko, lightly toasted
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Heirloom tomato slices, shredded parmesan cheese, fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Cook pacherri pasta according to box instructions. Save 1/4 cup of the pasta water and reserve for later. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add half of the cherry tomatoes. Sauté about 5 minutes, until tomatoes start to release their juices and soften, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute, until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Add half of the fresh herbs and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add cooked pasta, reserved pasta water, red chili flakes, and remaining herbs and tomatoes to the pan. Gently stir until pasta is warmed through and everything is coated in the sauce. Sprinkle with panko.
- Garnish with tomato slices, parmesan, and basil as desired. Serve immediately.