30 minute, healthy, make ahead vegetarian egg cups perfect for a quick bite or breakfast on the go!
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 skim milk
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, roughly minced + extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika + extra for topping
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded + extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a standard 12 cup muffin tray.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all ingredients until thoroughly combined. Pour the mixture over the cups to about 3/4 of the way full. Top with any more desired cheese and sprinkle with a pinch paprika
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until an insert tooth pick comes out clean. Garnish with fresh dill and serve immediately.
- To make ahead, let cool completely after cooking. Once cooled, place desired amount of egg cups in Ziploc bags or sealable containers. Refrigerate or freeze as desired.
To reheat refrigerated egg cups, microwave them for about 25-30 seconds. To reheat frozen egg cups, reheat about 50-60 seconds. Times can vary greatly depending on the microwave so if you’re unsure, warm them up in increments of 15 seconds to avoid rubbery eggs!