One pot vegetarian tortellini soup dinner recipe chock full of veggies and done in just 35 minutes!
- 10 ounces three cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, quartered and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 30 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh basil + extra for garnish
- Coarse salt, fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and saute until onion starts to become translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 more minute, until fragrant
- Add tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour wine into the pot and scrape off the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, milk and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Uncover the pot. Add tortellini, kale, and basil. Simmer for another 10 minutes, or until tortellini is tender and most of them float on the top of the soup.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with remaining basil and serve immediately.