A delicious, healthier, vegan dessert option or as a sweet treat for breakfast on the go with fresh cherries, coconut, and dark chocolate shavings. Gluten and dairy free!
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, agave syrup, or honey for a non vegan option
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded or shaved coconut
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line an 8X10 baking pan with parchment paper and grease.
- In a food processor or grinder, pulse 1/2 cup of the oats until they resemble flour.
- In a large bowl, combine together all ingredients except for the cherries and dark chocolate shavings until completely mixed.
- Gently fold in the cherries and the dark chocolate shavings.
Spread the dough onto the prepared baking pan in an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack. Once cool enough to handle, place the pan in the fridge and chill over night.
- Cut to serve as desired.