Popular in the early 1900s, this purple gin beverage is back in fashion with lemon, maraschino liqueur, and crème de violette.
- 2 ounces gin
- 1/4 ounce crème de violette
- 1/4 ounce maraschino liqueur
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Brandied cherry garnish
- Add a handful of ice to a cocktail shaker. Pour all ingredients (except garnish) into the shaker.
- Cover and shake until the outside of the shaker frosts over.
- Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a brandied cherry. Enjoy cold!