A floral, spring time twist on the classic Tom Collins cocktail recipe with gin, lemon, and lavender soda poured over ice.
- 1 1/2 to 2 ounces gin (depending on personal preference)
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 ounces lavender soda*
- 1 ounce club soda
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Optional: To rim your glasses, pour 2 tablespoons white sugar, 1 tablespoon minced lemon zest, and 2 teaspoons minced lavender baking buds onto a plate and spread to cover. Moisten the edge of each glass with a lemon wedge and dip into the sugar plate.
- Fill two (sugar rim prepared) glasses halfway with ice. Add gin and lemon juice, stirring to combine.
- Top with lavender soda and club soda. Garnish with lemon slices. Serve immediately.
Alternatively, you can use 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of lavender simple syrup and 3 to 4 ounces club soda. Here are some instructions for a lavender simple syrup:
- In a small pot, heat 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 tablespoon of lavender baking buds. Let steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain the syrup to remove the buds. Chill until completely cooled.