Super easy, three ingredient homemade chocolate truffles done in just one hour! Coat them any way you like, perfect for celebrations and holidays.
- 8 ounces 60% to 70% chocolate, finely chopped*
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Desired coatings (I used sprinkles, sanding sugar, and cocoa powder)
- Scald heavy cream (should be steaming but not boiling) in the microwave (in 30 second to 1 minute increments) or on the stove top. Pour cream over the finely chopped chocolate and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Whisk until smooth and shiny. Whisk in vanilla extract.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a shallow pan (I used an 8X8 baking dish). Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
- Using a small scoop or a tablespoon, scoop chocolate (about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons each) and roll into into balls. Place on a plate and put back in the fridge to chill for another 10 minutes.
- While the truffles are chilling, pour desired coatings into small bowls.
- Remove truffles from the fridge. Gently roll in coatings as desired*.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge up to 2 months. Remove about 30 minutes before serving to let them soften a little before eating.
Use good quality chocolate, no chocolate chips (they won’t set as well)! The better the quality of chocolate the more delicious the truffle.
If the coating isn’t sticking, roll the truffle around in your hands for a few seconds to get the surface to warm up.