Buttery, sprinkle-filled soft and chewy funfetti cookies perfect for any celebration!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Rainbow sanding sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Prepare a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, sea salt, and corn starch until completely combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars on a medium high speed, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg and extracts and beat until light and fluffy, about 1 more minute.
- Stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold in white chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Scoop out balls of dough, about 2 tablespoons each, onto the prepared baking sheet. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, being careful not to overcook! Remove from the oven when they look almost but not quite done. They will still be quite soft in the center.*
- Sprinkle cookies with sanding sugar and let pan cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
Cooking times strongly depend on how chilled your cookies are and how warm your oven runs. Once your cookies have been baking for 10 minutes, keep an eye on them.